Sip, Sip, Knit & Movie Night
On Friday, May 26th, we’ll be hosting another Sip, Sip, Knit from 5-7pm! We will have some snacks and beverages, but feel free to bring your own as well. Starting at 7pm we’ll be showing The Dressmaker! And of course, bring your knitting & crocheting projects!
Trunk Show: Oink Pigments
If you attended this year’s Pittsburgh Knit & Crochet festival, you probably saw the beautiful hand-dyed yarns by Oink Pigments. We are excited to announce that we’ll be hosting them on Saturday, June 17th from 12-5pm! They’ll be bringing loads of hand-dyed yarns in many weights, project bags, and accessories. Mark your calendars, people – you can never have enough yarn! (Plus, many of you will have just sold your stash at the Stash Sale to make room for more yarn!) Check out their website here
The Stash Sale!!!
This year we decided to bring back one of our favorite events – the Stash Sale! It’s the perfect way to get rid of old yarn, and turn it into new yarn!
June 2017 Stash Sale at Knit One
Sale Dates: June 3rd & 4th – Saturday 10-5, Sunday 12-5
Please take the time to read all this information if you’d like to participate.
- Your items to sell must be knit/crochet/spinning related. This includes yarns of any type, fibers of any type, needles or hooks related to knitting/crochet/spinning. NO NEEDLEPOINT OR CROSS STITCH PLEASE.
- Your items must be clearly marked with your price and your initials – a sticky tag, a notecard inside the ziploc, whatever will give your buyers the most clear information.
- Mark your items beginning at 001. Make sure to list them in sequence (001, 002, 003) Your items will then be (for Laura Knoop Very) LKV001, LKV 002, etc….
- Using the attached form, please print all the information clearly to correlate with the item identification number. Please write a brief but accurate description of your item (see the first line of the form). Be sure to fill out a price for each item on the list.
- It is best to put each item in a clear, ziploc style bag. You may sell them however you wish, but my advice is to price, bag and describe them to sell. Please do not use translucent or colored bags, only clear bags: recycled is fine.
- Place all your items into a larger plastic bag: The big ziploc bags sold at Target for storage are great: your unsold items would be returned to you this way, so it should be clearly marked.
- Unfinished projects (WIPs) are acceptable: please bag them with as much information within the bag and on the information sheet, as possible. Make sure to indicate whether the instructions or pattern are included.
- Drop off: You must drop off your bags by Wednesday, May 31st at 8pm, during store hours. Please have all your paperwork completed and the agreement signed. PLEASE do not bring items on the days of the sale: WE WILL NOT ACCEPT THEM.
- Please shop for yourselves on those days, as a stash sale is only successful if there are BOTH buyers and sellers, and there should be deals galore! Please bring friends and pass along information for those who have stashes to be culled.
- Your items should be picked up the following week, Tuesday – Sunday June 6th-11th, during regular store hours, at which time you may pick up your gift certificate for the exact amount that you sold. Please take the time to look over your sheet and unsold items to make sure that it all matches and all the information is correct.
- Your gift certificate may be used any time for up to a year. It is like any other Knit One Gift Certificate!
- What if you don’t want your items back? That is no problem! Please indicate this on your sheet – they will be donated or repurposed in the appropriate manner. ANY ITEMS NOT PICKED UP BY SUNDAY, JUNE 11 WILL BE TAKEN OUT OF THE STORE AND ON TO THEIR NEXT HOME. PLEASE KNOW THAT WHEN YOU SIGN YOUR SHEET YOU AGREE TO THE LIMITS DESCRIBED HERE.
- Thank you, in advance, for supporting the knitting community at Knit One. Please understand that we will only be accepting cash and checks for stash sale purchases. We are well stocked with new items, should you wish to do some regular purchasing that day, and may use your credit or debit card then….
Have fun and email or call us with any questions!
Laura & Kylen
**Our website is under construction so please email Kylen (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’d like to receive the Participation & Agreement Form.**
Register by Friday: High-Speed Building Blocks!
This is the high-speed version of our 12 session Building Blocks curriculum, designed to encourage newer knitters onto more advanced knitting techniques through a cumulative, systematic approach. With 12 blocks, we knit along together, one block for each class, once a week until we finish a blanket of 12 visually intricate squares. Each square will develop new knitting skills that you’ll be able to apply to other, new and exciting projects on your own! This is a great way to meet some new friends while steadily developing your technique and creativity.
We are limiting the participants for this class and will place yarn orders on May 19th.
We recommend Skacel’s Simpliworsted Yarn which offers a wide selection of colors! We have color cards for this yarn so be sure to stop in to choose your color! You may also visit Skacel’s website to see the colors! We’ll need a first and second choice color.
Cost: $150 for all 12 classes, plus supplies: Hikoo Simpliworsted yarn and the pattern book (which is free!!!) all purchased at Knit One at the time of registration and class payment. This is a savings of over $20 on the book and an overall cost of $25 for each session, including supplies!!
Are you not a “class” person or commitment-phobic?? No problem….get your name on the list for yarn and pattern book anyway! You don’t need a class to do this wonderful project.
To register, stop in, call the store (412-421-6666), or register online here.
**If you register over the phone or online, please be sure to still give us your color choices by May 19th.**
Session 1: June 10th, 11am – 1pm
Session 2: June 17th, 11am – 1pm
Session 3: June 24th, 11am – 1pm
Session 4: July 1st, 11am – 1pm
Session 5: July 8th, 11am – 1pm
Session 6: July 15th, 11am – 1pm
Session 7: July 22nd, 11am – 1pm
Session 8: July 29th, 11am – 1pm
Session 9: August 5th, 11am – 1pm
Session 10: August 12th, 11am – 1pm
Session 11: August 19th, 11am – 1pm
Session 12: August 26th, 11am – 1pm
May KAL & CAL
** What is a KAL or CAL?? **
KALs (knit-alongs) and CALs (crochet-alongs) are free project-based groups that occur on certain days throughout the month. They are very informal, meaning that you may start at any time throughout the month. In addition, you can work at your own pace. We offer these knit-alongs to bring the knitting community together and help knitters to expand their skill set. We highly encourage participatory individuals to purchase materials at Knit One so that we can support our instructors and keep these events free of charge.
Francis by Olga Buraya-Kefelian
Kylen will be leading this knit along on Wednesday evenings in May from 6-8pm (May 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, & 31st). Stop by the shop to see the beautiful colors we have to choose from! You can see more information about this pattern here
Fortune’s Shawlette by Tamara Kelly
Natalie will be leading this crochet-along throughout the month of May on Thursday evenings from 6-8pm (May 4th, 11th, 18th, & 25th). This pattern also includes a complete tutorial with photos! You can find more information about this pattern here
What we’re working on…
Find Your Fade Shawl – Kylen
I started this gigantic project at the end of March but ended up putting it down for a while to finish other projects. I recently picked it back up and have about 100 more rows! There are 233 sts so each row feels like it takes forever! But I know I’ll wear it all the time once it’s finished. You can find this pattern here
Skull Shawl (finished!) – Natalie
Natalie finished her Skull Shawl and it turned out to be so cool! This was an intermediate crochet pattern involving chain stitch, single crochet, and double crochet. She used Juniper Moon Farm Neve which is 100% cotton, and super soft! You can find this pattern here
Lovspretthals (finished!) – Natalie
Natalie started this pretty cowl just last week using Hikoo Simplinatural! Stay tuned because she’ll be teaching an Intro to Lace class with this cowl! You can find this pattern here
Fortune’s Shawlette (finished!) – Natalie
Natalie has been shaming us all by finishing yet another project last week! She finished her May crochet-along and blocked it, and it looks beautiful! She made it with Baah La Jolla in Cinnamon Dolce. You can find this pattern here